10. Misclassifying an employee as independent contractor to avoid paying overtime.
9. Not paying an employee for time spent "on-call."
8. Requiring an employee to do work "off the clock."
7. Not paying an employee for travel time during the work day.
6. Misclassifying workers as "exempt" salaried employees.
5. Not paying an employee for time spent donning and doffing uniforms or safety equipment.
4. Requiring an employee to set up his/her work station, before punching in.
3. Not paying an employee for working during his/her lunch break.
2. Giving an employee "comp" time rather than paying time and a half for working over 40 hours per week.
1. Discouraging an employee from consulting with an attorney regarding his/her rights under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
The workers compensation lawyers at Michael J. O'Connor & Associates is ready to begin tackling your legal problem today. Email or call our toll free number at 1 (800) 518-4LAW for a free initial consultation and review of your case.