Super Lawyers
Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Avvo Rating 10.0 Superb
Listed in Best Lawyers
Legal Leaders - Top Rated Lawyers
Best Law Firms 2022
Best Lawyers 2022
Best Lawyers 2020

Automobile/Motorcycle Accidents FAQ's

Being involved in an auto accident or motorcycle accident can be very stressful. We have gathered some of the most often asked questions to help you understand the process a little better.

Do I Have to Stop if I am in an Auto Accident?

Yes. When the auto accident involves a pedestrian, a moving car, a parked car or someone's property, Pennsylvania law requires you to stop. Otherwise, you may expose yourself to "hit and run" charges regardless of fault.

Hit and run penalties are severe and can result in fines, jail time or both, and the loss of your driver's license.

If you hit a parked car, first attempt to locate the owner and drive away only after you leave behind your name, address and an explanation of the accident. You must also notify the police by telephone or in person.

Back to Top

What Information is Gathered After an Accident?

At the auto accident scene, the police department will take statements from all parties involved and perform their investigation. They will gather:

  • Name(s)
  • Address(es)
  • Telephone Number(s)
  • Date(s) of Birth
  • Drivers; License Number(s)/State(s)
  • Insurance Company Information
  • Year(s)/Make(s)/Model(s) of Vehicle(s)

Witnesses will also be interviewed.

You should request and obtain a copy of the police officer's report as soon as possible. You should contact your insurance company to report the accident and commence your claim.

Back to Top

Should I Call my Doctor if I Have Been in an Accident?

Yes. It is recommended that you immediately call your doctor or seek medical attention if you have been in an auto accident. A medical examination and testing may discover injuries you were unaware of or that were not immediately apparent to you.

Back to Top

If I am Injured or my Vehicle is Damaged Who is Responsible for Payment of my Bills?

In Pennsylvania, if you are found to be "at fault" in an auto accident, your liability insurance will pay for damage done to the other driver's vehicle and personal injuries will be covered up to your policy limits.

If you are not found to be "at fault", the other driver's liability insurance pays for damages to your vehicle and any injuries you have sustained. In addition, your own liability insurance may cover your injuries and/or property damage in accordance with your policy.

Back to Top

The Other Driver Doesn't Have Insurance, Who is Responsible for Payment of my Bills?

If the other driver is found to be "at fault" in the auto accident and has no insurance, your own policy, through your uninsurance benefits, may cover the damage done to your vehicle, as well as the medical bills for any injuries you may have sustained.

If the other driver is underinsured and does not have enough insurance to cover your losses, your own policy, through underinsurance benefits, may cover the difference.

In either case, you have the option to sue the other driver for all costs incurred. However, it may be difficult to collect if you are awarded a settlement by the court. You should consult an experienced accident attorney to understand your rights in this situation.

Back to Top

Client Reviews
No improvements needed. Everyone was very friendly & helpful. Christine F.
I only talked to Anna she was super!! I don't see anything you can do to make it better or easier. I feel bad it took me long to pay you. I never thought I would get approved in five months. I loved what you all did for me. Sandra S.
The services I received were exceptional. Robyn J.
I don't think there is need for improvement. My cases were handled with such care and consideration I would bring any case here. Angela S.
Would you recommend our services to others? Yes, I was so pleased, and so thankful for everything. Any additional comments... none, you are awesome, thank you again. Jamie B.