Super Lawyers
Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Avvo Rating 10.0 Superb
Listed in Best Lawyers
Legal Leaders - Top Rated Lawyers
Best Law Firms 2022
Best Lawyers 2022
Best Lawyers 2020

Car Accidents FAQ's

After I Am Involved in a Car Accident, What Should Be My First Step?

First, you must call 9-1-1 and the police in order to receive medical treatment immediately. They will help to secure the scene and protect incoming traffic. Once the police arrive, they will ask for a personal statement of the accident and to exchange contact information with the other driver(s) involved. It would be wise to take pictures of the accident; therefore, officials will have documented proof of the damages. Then, you should contact your insurance company about the accident. From there, they will be able to assist you with your next steps regarding the accident.

Back to Top

What Happens if the Other Driver Does Not Have Appropriate Car Insurance or Leaves the Scene Before Questioning?

If you have been involved in a hit and run accident or the other driver flees, remember the car’s license plate number or take a picture. If you are unable to do both, find out if there were any witnesses present during the accident. If none of these choices are applicable, take a picture of the damage that was inflicted on your vehicle and explain the situation to your insurance company.

Based on certain events, you may be eligible to receive an uninsured motorist (UM) claim if an uninsured driver has caused the accident. This insurance coverage will pay for medical expenses and lost wages for you and other passengers who were involved in the accident. Underinsured motorists (UIM) applies if the driver who caused the accident has insurance but is not able to cover all the expenses. In this case, their insurance will first pay for the costs, and your UIM coverage would compensate for the difference.

Back to Top

Should I Go to a Medical Doctor After My Accident Even if I Do Not Have Any Visible Injuries?

Yes. If you have been involved in an accident, it is wise to seek medical attention. In most cases, people have been diagnosed with medical issues that are not easily detected. A professional doctor will verify your injuries and complete medical reports in order for you to receive a potential compensation for your injuries.

Back to Top

Will I Need a Lawyer or Attorney if I Have Been Involved in an Accident?

The answer depends on the severity of the accident and whether you have sustained any injuries. If you have been treated by a medical professional and have no injuries, you may be able to resolve your case and receive your compensation without any legal assistance. However, if you have been injured in an auto accident, it may become too difficult to handle the case by yourself. For example, you may be entitled for reimbursements of your medical expenses, time off work, and pain and suffering. Attorneys and lawyers will be able to help you receive the full amount of compensation from your case.

Back to Top

If an Insurance Company Wants Me to Give a Personal Statement of the Accident or Sign Official Documents, Should I Comply?

Most insurance companies attempt to reduce liabilities and other compensations they may have to pay for. If you have been involved in a major auto accident, you may not be in the right condition to think clearly or rationally. The best option would be to avoid signing documents or giving statements until you have contacted a lawyer or attorney. This would ensure that anything you accidently say will not be used against you in a court case.

Back to Top

What Repercussions of an Auto Accident Can I Be Potentially Reimbursed For?

Although the financial amount can vary based on the case, people can be eligible to receive imbursements from medical expenses, emotional distress, vehicle damages, pain and suffering, lost wages, and loss of property that was damaged or ruined in the accident.

Back to Top

What Pennsylvania Car Accident Laws Should I Be Aware of When I Am Involved in a Car Accident?

Comparative Negligence is law that attempts to reduce the cost of damages and compensate victims for some of their injuries. Pennsylvania has a “modified comparative fault” rule that reduces the plaintiff’s compensation by a percentage that is identical to their fault. For example, if a person in Pennsylvania is found to be more than 50% at fault for the car accident, they will not receive any reimbursement. However, if they are only 25% liable for the accident, they can potentially collect a 75% reimbursement from the case.

No-Fault Car Insurance, also referred to as Personal Injury Protection Insurance (PIP), requires drivers to file a claim with their insurance company after they have been involved in an auto accident. No-Fault Insurance covers the cost of medical expenses, income losses, or funeral expenses that arose as a result of the car accident.

The Pennsylvania Car Accident Statute of Limitations establishes a set duration of 2 years that an individual must file for auto accidents in order to receive any compensation. The time starts on the day the car accident occurred and ends on that same date 2 years later.

Back to Top

Client Reviews
No improvements needed. Everyone was very friendly & helpful. Christine F.
I only talked to Anna she was super!! I don't see anything you can do to make it better or easier. I feel bad it took me long to pay you. I never thought I would get approved in five months. I loved what you all did for me. Sandra S.
The services I received were exceptional. Robyn J.
I don't think there is need for improvement. My cases were handled with such care and consideration I would bring any case here. Angela S.
Would you recommend our services to others? Yes, I was so pleased, and so thankful for everything. Any additional comments... none, you are awesome, thank you again. Jamie B.