Dangerous Drugs & Products
News of product recalls or the latest findings on pharmaceutical drugs commonly fill today's headlines. Each year, throughout the United States, millions of people are injured through the negligence of companies that release unsafe or defective products. Mass tort litigation occurs when a large number of people have been similarly injured by a faulty or defective product resulting in major multi-party lawsuits.
If you believe that you or a loved one has been a victim of a faulty product or have taken a drug that has been recalled, it is in your best interest to consult with an experienced dangerous drug lawyer who will look out for your rights. Please let us know immediately if you have had any problems with any of following listed.
Please let us know immediately if you have had any problems with any of following listed.
- 3M Bair Hugger Forced Air Warming Blanket
- 3M Earplugs - Earplugs designed and manufactured by Minnesota-based company, 3M. Allegedly, the product did not fit in ear canals correctly and have led to thousands of active members, veterans, and trainees of our armed forces complaining of permanent hearing loss, tinnitus, and other complications.
- Accutane - popular acne medicine that was linked to:
- Birth defects
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Blood in stool
- Mucus in stool
- Abdominal pain
- Actos - Diabetes drug that is associated with a 40 percent increase in risk for bladder cancer.
- Calaxo - Introduced in 2006 that was used mainly for ACL tears in knees. It has been reported that screws tend to break off inside body and cause painful complications.
- Da Vinci Surgical Robot - An advancement in technology that allows surgeons to perform procedures by robotic surgery. Although it is not very common, patients can sustain injuries or side effects from the Da Vinci Surgical Robot, including possible damage to organs surrounding the surgical area. In addition, the device may malfunction and cause many problems during surgery.
- DePuy ASR Hip Replacements - Devices that are implanted into the pelvis. Previously, large amounts of the DePuy ASR hip replacements have been recalled.
- Elmiron - Used to treat a condition known as interstitial cystitis or "painful bladder syndrome". Extended use is believed to cause visual issues, such as loss of sight, maculopathy, and other eye problems.
- Hernia Mesh - Hernia mesh devices, although meant to protect and support tissue around healing hernias, have the possibility to cause complications. Symptoms of hernia mesh difficulties can include infections, chronic pain, and bowel problems. Generally, surgery is needed to reduce these symptoms.
- Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) Filter
- Medtronic Bone Infused Graft - used for spine grafts. It can lead to:
- Swelling in the throat
- Pressure on nerves
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Paragard - A type of birth control that has been known to cause problems. There have been numerous lawsuits regarding this product, such as manufacturing defects and inadequate warnings about breaking.
- Paraquat (Gramoxone) - An incredibly toxic chemical herbicide that can cause poisoning. Paraquat is one of the most common types of herbicides that are used throughout the world today.
- Stryker and Zimmer Hip Replacements - Device made of metal used in many hip replacement surgeries. The device often caused pain with walking or squeaking noises while walking. It can often lead to additional surgeries to repair.
- Tenofovir (Truvada) - Used in addition with other medications to treat human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infections. In severe cases, people have reported bone loss, reduced kidney functions, and lactic acidosis, which can lead to chronic pain and kidney transplants.
- Valsartan - A medication that was intended to lower high blood pressure levels and reduce the risk of heart failure. In 2018, the FDC recalled batches valsartan tablets because of the dangerous chemical composition.
- Zimmer Biomet M2a Magnum Hip Replacement - The hip replacements have been related to causing severe and painful health problems.
- Zimmer Knee Replacements - An implant used in knee replacements. Implants would often loosen and would require revision surgery.
The dangerous drug lawyers at O’Connor Law are ready to begin tackling your legal problem today. Contact us or call our toll free number at (800) 518-4LAW for a free initial consultation and review of your case. Let us fight for your rights.